Who doesn't love a sale!?! It's time for the Teachers Pay Teachers annual Cyber Monday Sale! Time to stock up your classrooms and save!
If you are looking for some holiday activities for your classroom, check out my store. I have added a bunch of fun holiday projects and activities.
It's Gingerbread Baby!If you are planning a gingerbread unit for the holidays, check out my Work, Work as Hard as You Can! It’s a Unit of Fun with theGingerbread Man! and Area and Perimeter Gingerbread House Project.
The Gingerbread Unit includes activities for each subject area so it can be used for a day of gingerbread fun, over a couple of days, or throughout a week. This unit contains the following five activities:
- Search, Search as Hard as You Can! Can You Catch the Gingerbread Man- This activity is played like the game Battleship and reviews using ordered pairs.
- Gingerbread Story Activity- During this activity students will read different versions of the Gingerbread Man (a book list is provided to help you easily find books). They will compare the different stories, and use planning sheets to help them create their own version of this classic folktale. Gingerbread publishing papers are included.
- Gingerbread Man Measurement- Students will use a Gingerbread Man cut out to measure different items in the room. A recording sheet is provided for this activity along with extension activities for early finishers.
- Run, Run as Fast as You Can!- The students join the Gingerbread Man Capture Squad during this science experiment, and explore what happens to their pulse before, during, and after exercise.
- The History of the Gingerbread Man- This activity goes over the Gingerbread Man's history and has the student practice their map skills.
This Area & Perimeter Gingerbread House Project is perfect for area and perimeter review during the holiday season. Use this project while teaching to reinforce measurement skills. During this project, students are asked to create a gingerbread house for their school's winter festival. While designing their house, they will include certain design elements and find the different areas and perimeters. A rubric is included for easy grading.
This project is aligned with the Common Core Standards and gives students time to work on their project independently. Use this during math instruction and watch your students blossom!
Christmas Around the World
If you are planning a cultural celebration, check out my Christmas Around the World Packs. I have activities for the following countries; England, Germany, Mexico, The Netherlands, and France. Each set includes:
- a presentation on each country, and their holiday traditions
- one or two crafts for each country
- carol sing-a-longs-a passport with passport stamps
- a recipe for a traditional dish from each country
- a word search for each country exploring the new words learned in each lesson
If you want all of the countries listed, I have a complete Christmas Around the World Pack.